Auto enrolment is the statutory requirement on an employer to:
• have an appropriate pension scheme
• arrange for most of the workforce to be automatically enrolled in the pension scheme, and
• pay pension contributions into the scheme.
When these requirements need to be satisfied will be determined by reference to an employer’s ‘staging date’.
A lot of work will be required before the staging date:
• consider how many workers will be required to be auto enrolled in a pension scheme
• estimate how much auto enrolment is going to cost you as an employer
• choose an appropriate pension scheme
• consider how you are going to communicate with your workers about auto enrolment
• check that your payroll software or payroll agent can deal with the calculation and deduction of contributions.
6 Carlton Road, Romford, Essex RM2 5AA
Tel: 01708 736644
Fax: 01708 736677